Thursday, June 17, 2010

Setback--POP Goes A Wheel

While walking today with Hayley a wheel on my HUGE stroller POPPED.  It was SO loud it took us a while to release what it was!  Pushing this with ABC is NOT fun nor EASY. Pushing it with a busted wheel while trying not to mess up the rim was even WORSE.  But, we made it, only to realize that not only is that wheel popped, but the others look like they are about to.  There was NO tread left on the tires!  I freaked.  I have no idea how old the stroller is.  A very good friend gave me the stroller because she already had a triple jogger and she bought it used.  I know it can be found on ebay, but you can't locate/contact the company.  I googled and searched on line, coming up empty handed and even more frustrated.  In the end, I went to a bike shop.  The guy was horrified at the conditions of the wheels!  He said only 3 wheels needed to be replaced and he had them in stock!  The cost, only about $30!  I seriously thought I was going to be paying a lot more.  I would have gotten the 4th wheel replaced, but they only had white in stock (and this stroller is ugly enough as it is) and the guy said it was fine.  The bad news is the stroller won't be ready until the middle of next week.  Luckily for me, I have a summer helper!  So, I am sneaking out of here WITHOUT The Trio!  I wonder how much easier it is going to be without pushing 150 lbs (and hearing them whine, fight, sing (BADLY, ask Hayley's E!)?  I am super excited about my mommy time for the next few days!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment