Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Cleaning

Vinegar has hundreds of uses in and out of the kitchen. It is a natural disinfectant. I keep a spray bottle under my sink all the time. I use vinegar to clean the floor, table, showers, and in the laundry. It is my most used cleaning product. If you don’t like the smell you can add any essential oil you like to the mix!

What I like most about it is that it is completely harmless, and that mean I don’t have to worry about a curious three year old getting into it. Sure it may make her tummy hurt but that’s about all it would do to her.

There is a book that my dad gave to me. He knows I love natural products and knew that I used vinegar for cleaning most anything. The title of the book is “Over 100 Helpful Household Hints” by Christine Halvorson. I love the book and it is really helpful!! It covers kitchen clean up all the way to beauty and relaxations potions!

Although vinegar is a wonderful tool for me while cleaning I must mention that you MUST NOT use it on any granite or marble surfaces!! It will dull the finish and even take out the color of the natural stone!! Yes this news saddened me when the man installed my counter tops. However, the good news is that he recommended a warm cloth with a little liquid soap for the granite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment