Sunday, June 27, 2010

Little Victories

Peanut and I are on vacation with friends in Florida. While we have all been especially conscientious of eating healthfully, we still have a ton of food lying around. It is semi-healthy food like pringles and chex mix but it is EVERYWHERE! I have done extremely well with making good choices, however.

Yesterday morning, we were leaving the house to do a little shopping. Peanut said she wanted to take a snack with her and she picked an apple. The last night after a really long day at the beach, in and out of the ocean and another several hours at the pool, Peanut ran into the kitchen where we are staying saying, "I'm really hungry!" Before any of the adults could get to her to help her choose something to eat, she came back outside with a banana.

Now, this may not seem like a huge deal to some of you, but I am ecstatic! One of the reasons I started this "lifestyle change" was because I wanted Peanut to be raised in a more healthy way. I wanted her to be able to make the right food choices on her own. And, it seems that she is doing this! Yea!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to see your good choices affecting the ones you love as well. Had you not chosen to be the revolution in healthy choices for Peanut, imagine how different those two instances would have been! I'm hoping my choice to be a revolution in matters of health will affect several people in my family. To keep the power of this potential influence in mind is very much a motivation to continue to do my best! Keep it up girlfriend! By the way, your omelets are stellar!

    ReplyDelete