Tuesday, August 24, 2010

C25k: w1d1

C25K =  The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks running program.  I have started this program many times before and never made it past the first week and always repeating week 1 for many weeks.  I have been debating starting it up again and FINISHING the 9 weeks.  Debating.  I came across Momma of 3 On The Run.  I sent her an email asking her about her c25k and she inspired me. 

I downloaded the Podcasts over the weekend to my iPod.

Today was Week 1, Day 1.  I did 1.61 miles in 30 minutes (the podcast ended at 28 minutes after a 5 minute cool-down, but I am weird and had to walk to 30 minutes).  I did the warm-up & brisks walk at a 3.0 mph and the runs at 5.0 mph. Sadly and stupidly, I forgot to turn on the pedometer on my iPod. 

And I feel great.  I had NO problems with the workout.  None.  I was able to do and enjoyed it. 

I WILL finish this program. 

2 comments:

  1. Consider me in, too!!! Run, Jen-ny, run!! (Wait a minute, wrong name?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was my first day! I went looking for some motivation by means of other people who are doing the C25K and found your blog. It will be nice to keep up with someone that is just a little ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete