Monday, August 16, 2010

Aint No Mountain High Enough

Evey time we walk we get to a place in the road where we can turn left and climb "The Manchester Mountain," otherwise known as Pine Mountain, or we can turn right continuing on a relatively flat track. Today, Jen and I chose the Mountain. It took us a while; we stopped several times to catch our breath. But, wow! What a sense of accomplishment!

By the time I was half way up it, my thighs were burning. In all honesty, I was getting ready to quit. I said a little prayer asking for the strength to continue on and I thought of Isaiah 40:31 which says "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Low and behold, we made it all the way up. By the time we made it to the top, we were rewarded for our efforts with a spectacular view.

















On an unrelated thought, since the climb this morning, I have been singing Ain't No Mountain High Enough. I thought I would share this little ditty. Maybe it will brighten someone's day or offer a tid bit of encouragement. I guess this means that we will fording a river next!

1 comment: