Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mmmmm...Fresh Pineapple

I have eaten so much fresh pineapple over the last few days that my mouth is literally raw. This past Monday, I began the Daniel Fast which means I have consumed nothing but fruits and vegetables for 4 days. The fast follows the verses of Daniel 10: 2-3 which read
“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”
It is a partial fast in which meat, dairy and synthetic products are not consumed. Typically, people who choose to participate in this fast are doing so for spiritual purposes. And, while I consider the weight loss to be spiritual, my primary goal with the fast was weight loss -- a type of cleanse if you will -- not prayer. I hope to continue with the fast for 7 days; I will finish Sunday, July 25th. For more information visit: http://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/

In addition to the Daniel Fast, I began Jillian's 30 Day Shred last Thursday. I have managed to do it 5 out of the 7 days. It is hard but well worth the effort. Hayley Y. and Erin have done it with me a few times which makes it tons easier.

Now, for the point behind explaining what I have been doing for the last seven days. Two weeks ago I went to weigh and had only lost 0.6lbs. I was really disappointed. Anytime I get that discouraged, however, I rebound quickly and attack. Attack is the best way I can describe what I have been doing over the last two weeks. I have walked harder and father, eaten leaner and less, and sweated as much as possible. On my way to weigh this morning, I knew I was going to be really happy with whatever I had accomplished...and boy was I happy. As of today, July 22, 2010 I have lost a total of 35 pounds. Over the last two weeks I lost 10.2 pounds. I even did a little bit of a dance on the scale. I would say "how 'bout them apples?" but I feel that something along the lines of "how 'bout them PINEAPPLES?" is more appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Shannon...Keep Moving... and God Bless..


    Denise (evening walker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great love those pineapples!!

    ReplyDelete