Monday, September 13, 2010

c25k: w3d3 & w4d1

I did w3d3 on Sat night (at 10:30pm!).  It was HARD, but I did it.

Tonight I attempted, yes, attempted, w4d1.  I could not do it.  I failed.  The first run was 3 min and I had to slow my pace from a 5.0 to a 4.5.  I don't know why, but I thought I was going to fall.  I did the first 5 min run at a 4.5 and had to speed walk a few seconds here & there.  It kicked my butt.  I then did the 90 second walk and got into a few minutes of the 3 min run and just could not do it. My shins were aching and I hurt SO bad.  The thought of pushing through was NOT an option.  So, I quit.  My shins are on fire.

I will do w4d1 again on Wed and will continue doing it every other day until I actually finish the complete workout.  I HOPE I can finish it on Wed.  Either way, I have a feeling I will be repeating Week 4 again.  :-(

I hate Week 4.

2 comments:

  1. Slow down....the point is to make it through and be able to recover in 1 day. Speed will come. 5mph is a 12 minute mile...that is pretty fast even for some of us that have been running a while. Slow down and the shin pain should minimize too! If you push too hard, you will give up on running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All said out of positive thoughts and wishes for you:-) in case I came out harsh.

    ReplyDelete